Set maximum error messages

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Oct 6 16:19:48 UTC 2001

At 02:41 PM 10/5/01, Godfried Duodu wrote:

>I have installed BIND 9.2.0rc5 WIN32. It working OK but the event viewer has the ff 4 error messages.
>Set maximum stack size  to 0: not implemented.
>Set maximum data size  to 0: not implemented.
>Set maximum core size  to 0: not implemented.
>Set maximum open files  to 0: not implemented.
>Is there anything I can do to stop these error messages from showing up?

Yes, you can edit the code to not put them out. These are innocuous
informational messages can be ignored.  In any case you should only see them
show up if you start named which should be an infrequent occurance.

This issue will be addressed in a future version of BIND. Not all of them make
sense, anyway, on Win32.

         Danny