NSlookup results not the same as the data in named_dump.db

Chad Jackson chad at jackson.co.za
Fri Oct 5 22:15:54 UTC 2001

I hope this works.

Ok I have checked that the resolv.conf is pointing to the right server, and
I have done a named-xfer from the secondary server, the transfer happens but
with the old data.

The following information might be duplicated, but I am going to insert it
anyway.

Response to Chris
The domain is public an I am authoritive for the domain (uskotec.com) It
seems as if the problem goes further this domain it might be effecting my
entire server (about 1800 domains).

The specific address is for the www.uskotec.com the ns1 and ns2 show
196.3.164.11 as the address but in the dump_db and the zone file the address
is actually 196.41.203.30 which it should be. When I do a ndc restart the
log shows that the zone has loaded no errors and the db data shows what I
want. Also if I do a named-xfer to the temp directory on ns2 the data is the
old info.

Thanks
Chad