Resolving domain name with www record

Brian Salomaki brian at gambitdesign.com
Fri Oct 5 20:07:11 UTC 2001

It looks like a case of serial problems...

The two servers listed for granvilleinn.com are:

NEWS.MSMISP.com.        172800  IN      A       207.79.8.66
ROUTERMSM.MSMISP.com.   172800  IN      A       207.79.8.67

news.msmisp.com returns:
granvilleinn.com.       10800   IN      A       207.79.8.2, with a serial of 1

routermsm.msmisp.com returns no A record for granvilleinn.com, but the zone
has a serial of 3

Additionally, the authorities listed are:

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
granvilleinn.com.       10800   IN      NS      ns1-auth.msmisp.com.
granvilleinn.com.       10800   IN      NS      ns2-auth.msmisp.com.

I can't find records for either of those servers on news.msmisp.com or
routermsm.msmisp.com.

This doesn't match up with what you have registered.

I'm not sure how your setup is, and whether you have something to warrant the
different NS records there, but (I'm assuming news.msmisp.com is your master,
and routermsm.msmisp.com is your slave, based on which has the right data)
you should be able to update the serial for the zone on news.msmisp.com to
something higher than 3, and have the zone transfer over automatically.

--
Brian Salomaki
Gambit Design Internet Services