Some servers respond with wrong IP address for my domain

Nate Campi nate at wired.com
Fri Oct 5 17:51:52 UTC 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:32:55PM -0400, Mickey Mullin wrote:

> How foolish of me not to check the db cache file on the secondary server.
> It hadn't updated at all in some time.
>
> I'll monitor the cache file on the secondary server to see if it continues
> to fail to transfer new domain information from the primary.

Get a good monitoring system like Mon
(http://www.kernel.org/software/mon) that will check that your serials
match. That way you don't have to roll your own.
--
Nate Campi, UNIX Ops WiReD SF, Terra Lycos DNS, (415) 276-8678

Swerve me?  The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails,
whereon my soul is grooved to run.  Over unsounded gorges, through
the rifled hearts of mountains, under torrents' beds, unerringly I rush!
		-- Captain Ahab, "Moby Dick"