Packet size error

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Oct 3 23:40:11 UTC 2001

> Hi,
>
> Why do i get "packet size error (0xbffefc53 != 0xbffefc54)" when i do
> a host -v -l mydomain.com on a new bind 9.1.3 or a bind 8.xx
>
> Regards
>
> Jacob Rasmussen

	It could mean that you are running a too old version of host that
	uses small buffers.

	More details would be useful.  Like the exact version of host you
	running.  The exact version of the servers you are transfering from
	and their IP addresses.  The name of the zone you are trying to
	transfer and preferably the servers should be allowing anyone to
	transfer the zone so we can do test transfers ourselves.

	If you still have the error after trying a current host (one from
	8.2.5 or 9.1.3 or 9.2.0rc5) come back to the list with all those
	detail and the server(s) that you are trying to tranfer from
	configured to allow anyone to transfer the zone and we will look
	further.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org