BIND 8.2.5 public release

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 16:41:04 UTC 2001

Nate Campi wrote:

> Yes, huge difference. Of course now I'm probably going to upgrade all my
> 8.2.3-REL servers because I have a strange feeling we're not being told
> everything there is to be told here.

Hmm, well when the TSIG issue arose all the root servers were
quietly upgraded to 8.2.3-REL, where as several are still
running 8.2.3-REL, so if there is a hidden agenda it hasn't
spread far yet (anyone know what timezones the root servers are
in, perhaps the admins are still asleep *8-).

That said the release notes for 8.2.4 and 8.2.5 both mention
buffer overflows, memory leaks and the like, so there may be DoS
attacks or potential security issues as Mark suggests.