Intermittent outages

John Anderson janderson at ceeva.com
Tue Oct 2 18:43:30 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm getting this message in my logs, and I'm not sure what it means:

localhost named[468]: sysquery: sendto([193.0.14.129].53): Network is
unreachable

(Also, the IP address changes, I've seen 193.0.14.129 and
192.203.230.10)

I'm running Bind 8.2.2 on RedHat Linux 6.2.

I've also seen some intermittent downtime on the zones I host on that
server, named is still running, but maybe one of my domain names is
unaccessible, or maybe mail.domain.com is not available, yet
www.domain.com is.

I haven't been able to pin down a message in the logs that correlate
with these mysterious outages, so I'm not sure what I can tell you about
them.

Thanks in advance,

--John