IP changes not propagating ...

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Nov 30 22:50:00 UTC 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 10:40:49PM +0000, Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <9u917r$l4 at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Paul A Prescott <uk at levapix.com> wrote:
> >My primary domain is www.antique-locks.com registered with NSI.
> >
> >If you do a WHOIS lookup with them it shows the correct name server
> >information, but my email related to this domain is constantly bounced
> >with various error messages, so I checked another WHOIS lookup, this
> >time at INTERNIC and that shows incorrect information. I have tried
> >updating the name servers the the NSI site and it makes no difference.
>
> Call or write to Network Solutions and tell them that the domain
> registration is messed up.

Please note that WHOIS information is stored in a database that has
nothing to do with DNS.  And DNS information is stored in name servers
that have nothing to do with WHOIS.  The fact that they store some
overlapping information, and that some of the same companies register
information and feed information into the NIC, is no guarantee that the
two will be either consistent or correct.  That they are most of the
time is praiseworthy, but unfortunately misleading in this regard.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B