dhcp auto update

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Fri Nov 30 17:41:36 UTC 2001

> I'm using Bind 9.1.0 and have a DHCP daemon running on the same
> machine. In older versions of Bind we run a program called DHCP-DNS to
> update new dhcp client names to DNS. Is this still necessary in Bind9?
> If I read the docs correctly, the zones should be auto updated if you
> have the "allow-update" field in the named.conf. Is this correct?

If you run a DHCP daemon that supports dynamic update, like newer
versions of the ISC's DHCP server, yes.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software & Services
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes