BIND with mulitple interfaces

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Thu Nov 29 19:18:13 UTC 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 11:03:34AM -0500, Scott Taylor wrote:
> I was 'watch ifconfig' and noticed that both daemons are getting requests on
> the right ip's however the second chrooted daemon
> which is on eth1, is sending out it's responses thru eth0..

Are the source IP addresses of the DNS replies correct? If so, BIND is
doing it's job correctly.

Which physical interface the packets travel out of is down to routing.
Your server most likely has its route to its gateway set to be
through eth0. Modify your default route to suits your tastes.

Regards,
james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's