Inconsistent reverse lookup problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Nov 22 02:32:24 UTC 2001

Where are ns{1,2}.continet.com getting their 65.163.206.in-addr.arpa zone data
from? Verio's ns{0,1,2}.verio.net servers, to which 65.163.206.in-addr.arpa is
delegated, seem to be delegating each address as a separate zone to
ns{1,2}.continet.com, but the delegated nameservers appear to have no zone
definitions at the 4th-octet level, and instead have a monolithic
65.163.206.in-addr.arpa zone with stale/outdated/bogus information in it (i.e.
publishing {b,c,t,u}.ns.verio.net as the nameservers for the zone). I think
continet and Verio need to talk to each other!

- Kevin