[OT] Is this legal?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Nov 21 23:55:37 UTC 2001

AFAIK, ICANN is not considering the creation of a ".usa" TLD, and probably
would never approve such a thing, since it would appear to duplicate the
function of the already-existing ".us" ccTLD. So the only way I can imagine
that ".usa" could work is if all of the clients use special
"helper" software (like browser plugins) and/or if client-serving sites
reconfigure their hints files to point at some alternate set of root
servers.

So, basically, this sounds like a scam to me. No way can they claim global
visibility of ".usa" anytime in the foreseeable future...

- Kevin