Disable ns reverse lookup for telnet

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Nov 21 22:10:09 UTC 2001

Since 172.24.50.78 is in the private (RFC 1918) address range, you'll need to
set up a 24.172.in-addr.arpa zone internally. Doing so will speed up reverse
resolution and should obviate the need for (I wish "denecessitate" were a
real word in English!) attempting to disable the reverse lookup function of
the telnet server.

If you've already done this step, then obviously something is wrong with your
nameserver setup because you shouldn't be getting delays. In that case, more
details about the nameserver setup are necessary.

- Kevin