failed NT4 zone transfers

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 22:05:47 UTC 2001

Kimberly O'Brien/OTT/OTI wrote:

> 15-Nov-2001 17:51:14.000 xfer-in: Err/TO getting serial# for "vame.net"
> 15-Nov-2001 18:10:14.000 xfer-in: Err/TO getting serial# for "vame.net"

The "not authorative" suggestion in the archive is just one way
that the SOA record could be failed to be retrieved. But that
would break both servers, so I'd guess this is a simple
networking problem or one the the idiosyncracies of the NT
version of BIND.

> options {
>         listen-on { 10.26.207.3; };

Is your network topology more complex than you are letting on?
Does this box have more than one IP address? What is in the log
on the master.

> # dig vame.net

I'm guessing you didn't do this "dig" from the NT box (The "#"
is a dead give away), what does the NT box show if you look up
the SOA record from the master server?