status: SERVFAIL

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Nov 14 15:52:40 UTC 2001

In article <9su17p$6a2 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
England, Robert (Robert) <england at northamerica.exchange.agere.com> wrote:

>I am lost for an explanation. I have 2 DNS servers in our DMZ that take care
>of ALL external DNS queries. This domain among others consistently gives us
>issues when trying to resolve it.
>
>Based on another message sent last week, If I am referred to a DNS server
>for a certain domain, shouldn't I always get the "aa" flag set from the
>server that is named as the authoritative source?

Yes, unless the server is lame.  It looks like someone made a mistake in
the samsung.co.kr DB file on November 3, which caused the master server to
stop answering authoritatively.  After 1 week of zone transfer failures,
the slave servers expired the zone.

The administrator of nic.samsung.co.kr needs to check his log for the error
message and correct the problem in his DB file.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA