newbie question

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Nov 12 16:31:45 UTC 2001

In article <9sh441$5mf at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
selecta <sensei_dru at hotmail.com> wrote:
>when you say contact my host do you mean register.com where i got my
>domain or my actual webhost one2host.com ?

Whoever is operating the DNS servers for your domain.  If your domain is
one2host.com, then register.com is operating the DNS servers.

However, if they're only hosting your domain because it's "parked" until
you set up your real server, you will probably need to get someone else to
host your DNS now.  Web hosting companies often offer this service, so
contact the company hosting your web site.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA