round-robin

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Nov 8 21:10:31 UTC 2001

In article <9sep6v$ekc at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Michele Chubirka  <chubirka at gwu.edu> wrote:
>Only problem is that stricter Sendmail security will reject the mail if
>forward and reverse records don't match.

If the connection comes from 10.10.10.3 it will resolve to smtp1.gwu.edu,
which resolves to 10.10.10.3 -- it matches.  If the connection comes from
10.10.10.4 it will resolve to smtp2.gwu.edu, which resolves to 10.10.10.4
-- another match.

What doesn't match?  The extra A records for smtp.gwu.edu will never be
noticed.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA