Meta IP

chrism at sea.checkpoint.com chrism at sea.checkpoint.com
Tue Nov 6 18:37:57 UTC 2001

Davide,

Documentation for Meta IP should be included with the product.  If you
are using Meta IP 4.1, you can access the help by opening a web browser
on the machine with your Manager service (where the datastore is kept)
and pointing it to http://localhost:5001/ -- alternatively, you can
simply launch the "Admin Console Applet", which is the java-based
administration tool that comes with Meta IP 4.1.  This will launch a
web browser with the online help also.

If you are using Meta IP NG (our newer product), help is located under
"Start -> Program Files -> Check Point Management Clients -> Meta IP NG
-> Meta IP NG Help".

And, in answer to your question, the SOA record for a given zone is
automatically created for you when you create the zone.  It is fully
tunable through the zone properties - you should see settings for
refresh, retry, etc., by right clicking the zone in question, and
selecting properties.

I hope this helps!

- Chris

          Chris Moore  --  chrism at sea.checkpoint.com
Check Point Software Technologies, Inc.  --   The Meta IP Group
      http://www.checkpoint.com/products/metaip/index.html