Refresh, Expiry and Default TTL

Matthew Thompson matthewt at fairplay.co.uk
Fri May 11 15:34:39 UTC 2001

The company I work for is moving soon and we're changing ISP at the time.

As part of this we're moving all our servers from the one ISP to the other
in one weekend - getting new IP addresses etc. in the process.

I'm currently at the stage where I want to reduce the Refresh, Expiry and
Default TTL for all 50 or so domains so that I can move the servers, change
IP addresses and then bring the servers up on their new addresses with
minimal outage to customers.

But I can't decide what the times chould be - does anyone have any
suggestions?

M at t :o)