HP unix 10.2

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at innominate.com
Fri May 11 13:48:41 UTC 2001

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 09:49:47AM -0400, Sears, Robert wrote:

>  I have found an old box with HP 10.2 and want to load BIND on it for
> training purposes. Does anyone know what the highest version of BIND is that
> I can use with this HP UNIX OS? I am hoping I can at least run version 8.x

I'm running 9.1.2 here. The trick is:

* You need an ANSI C compiler
* ./configure --disable-threads
* make && make install

and off you go... Keep in mind that you might end up with two nslookups, and
two nameds. Be sure to start the correct one to get 9.1.2 :)

--
ralf.hildebrandt at innominate.com                            innominate AG
System Engineer                        Don't be afraid of what you see -