Another way to find the primary server for a zone

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Thu May 10 19:58:59 UTC 2001

%
%
% At 4:48 PM +0100 5/10/01, Jim Reid wrote:
%
% >                                         However if you plan to use
% >  Dynamic DNS (DDNS), you *must* provide the name of the master server
% >  in the MNAME. This is the only way for DDNS clients to find out where
% >  to send their dynamic update requests. These obviously can only be
% >  processed on the zone's master server.
%
% 	Interesting.  I was not aware of this use of the MNAME field.  I
% guess this kind of rules out stealth primaries, eh?
%
% --
% Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles at skynet.be>
%