More than One Authoritive DNS Server

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed May 9 07:43:42 UTC 2001

At 2:02 AM +0000 5/9/01, Jeff Szczepanski wrote:

>  As long as the original hosting company's DNS server still services DNS
>  requests for our domain, will all the cached copies of the old hosting
>  information eventually flush out of the Internet and get replaced by our new
>  name server information?

	Yes.  As soon as the root nameservers start handing out referrals
to your nameservers instead of those for your original hosting
company, people will start seeing the new information (from your new
nameservers), and the old information will time out according to the
TTL.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */