error compiling on Solaris

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue May 8 13:58:28 UTC 2001

	'as' is normally installed as /usr/ccs/bin/as.  Gcc should know
	to find it there.  If it is not there you need to install /
	re-install SUNWsprot.  You may also need to intall some other
	packages so that you have a development system.  This used to
	be a option when you installed the OS for the first time (its a
	few years now since I have had to install Solaris).  The release
	notes for the OS used to tell you which packages where in which
	configuration.

	From /var/sadm/install/contents:
	/usr/ccs/bin/as f none 0755 bin bin 371420 20684 843166219 SUNWsprot

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com