db.cache

Chip Old fold at bcpl.net
Thu May 3 19:06:31 UTC 2001

On Thu, 3 May 2001, James wrote to bind:

> Was hacking through my named.conf file and I was wondering where the
> reference for the db.cache file.  It looks like it gets referenced
> under the zones.  If this is true what is syntax for it?  Would it be
> this?
>
> zone "db.cache"    {type master; file "db.cache"; };

Nope.  It should look like this:

zone "." {
        type hint;
        file "db.cache";
};

Or like this if you prefer a more compact format:

zone "." { type hint; file "db.cache"; };

Chip Old (Francis E. Old)               E-Mail:  fold at bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services          Voice:   410-887-6180
Manager, BCPL.NET Internet Services     FAX:     410-887-2091
320 York Road
Towson, Maryland 21204-5179 U.S.A.