In the process of upgrading Bind

James jsimons at edistonet.com
Tue May 1 14:24:40 UTC 2001

So I went ahead and ran the install on BIND 8 yesterday.  I ran the
install, rebooted the machine and it worked.  I had a few questions
though.

1) The control panel application still says version 4.96.  Does this
mean that the installation never really worked?

2) My zone files are currently kept in the directory c:\win32app\bind.
When the install ran it placed the files in c:\winnt\system32\dns.  It
then created two additional directories, bin and etc, under the dns
directory.  Where should the zone files go?

3) Where is the program that is supposed to convert the old zone files
to the new ones?

I read the readme files 10 times and could not find nay of this info if
anyone could help I'd be grateful.

Thanks