global server load balancing - subdomain forward - bind 8.2.3

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu May 31 19:36:35 UTC 2001

If a zone is delegated to multiple nameservers, then other nameservers will
fail over if one of those delegated nameservers is down. Not only that, but
*good* nameserver implementations will remember that the one nameserver is
down, and attempt to use it less frequently until it starts answering again.
I'm not sure what you're worrying about. Delegation is traditionally a lot
more resilient to failures than forwarding.

- Kevin