nslookup from WinNT machine

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed May 30 23:45:58 UTC 2001

At 7:08 PM -0400 5/30/01, Kevin Darcy wrote:

>  Well, the DNS standards, best current practices, etc. *are* public, so
>  why shouldn't discussion of changes to those documents be public as well?
>  What have you got against open processes?

	Certainly, the IETF mailing lists, where enhancements or changes
to the protocols and standards are discussed, are publicly available
and searchable.  However, these are not discussions that we make a
point of having in inappropriate places, such as this mailing list.

	If you want to discuss those sorts of things, you should do them
in the appropriate places, and with the appropriate people.

	Hell, you'll probably get much better and more cogent arguments
from them than you will from me, and we'll both be a lot happier.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */