Stub / Forward Questions

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed May 30 01:05:02 UTC 2001

Ted Stephens wrote:

> I have a domain hosted at the office "MyDomain.com". At home I have
> "Home.MyDomain.com". Do I use Stub's or Forward's.

If mydomain.com is properly delegated from the "com" domain, you
shouldn't need to use stub *or* forward to resolve it from home,
assuming you have full DNS connectivity from there. Similarly, if
home.mydomain.com is properly delegated from mydomain.com, nobody should
need stub or forward in order to resolve it properly, assuming full
DNS connectvity. So the best solution is to properly delegate both
domain levels. Only if you lack DNS connectivity or if you cannot for
some reason delegate, would you have to resort to forwarding or
stubbing.

- Kevin