MX doesn't resolve if not helped a bit...

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue May 29 21:37:29 UTC 2001

I think you've buried yourself in glue here. Let's see: cogito-info.com is
served by cogito-info.ch nameservers, cogito-info.ch is served by
labourey.com nameservers, labourey.com is served by ascio.net nameservers,
and, finally, ascio.net nameservers serve the ascio.net domain. This is an
awful lot of work you're subjecting nameservers to, just to resolve an MX for
cogito-info.com, and is exacerbated by the fact that, unlike .net and .com,
which have overlapping sets of nameservers (and thus share glue records), .ch
is a totally separate TLD which doesn't share any glue records. BIND 8 and
its "lack of query restart" just can't deal with it at all. I was eventually
able to resolve the MX record, but only after doing *several* queries.
Resolvers embedded in mailers typically aren't that patient/perserverant.

You might want to consider short-circuiting that glue chain a little bit.
Would it hurt to have the cogito-info.com domain served by cogito-info.com
nameservers? I mean, the nameservers could stay the same, just refer to them
by different names...

- Kevin