MX relay sites

Gary Wardell gwardell at gwsystems.co.il
Sun May 27 23:17:23 UTC 2001

Hi,

My understanding is that most SMTP mail servers, if they see an MX record, will try for a few days to send mail to you.  If they
don't see an MX record then they will give up immediately.  I believe this is one reason it's important to have your secondary DNS
on a different network.  Then, of course, if you have secondary mail services you can have them queue your mail for whatever time
you want before discarding it.

Some commercial secondary DNS services also provide secondary mail services.

Gary