nsupdate to multiple name servers

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu May 24 14:43:12 UTC 2001

Your question is rather vague. Do you mean make the *same* update to multiple nameservers using
nsupdate? I'm not sure why you'd want to do this (since normally a given zone has only one
master server), but if you really need to, you'd need the BIND 9 version of nsupdate, where you
can explicitly specify what server to send the update to.

I'm not sure what this has to do with DHCP either. I thought most DHCP server implementations
that had Dynamic Update capability used lower-level APIs rather than calling the nsupdate
program. But I could be wrong...

- Kevin