Can't Receive Mail after BIND Upgrade

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri May 18 23:04:04 UTC 2001

Well, if they are trying to send mail *to* you, I think the only DNS
lookups they should be doing are forward DNS lookups (MX records,
A records). E.g. if your domain is example.com, with MX records pointing
to other example.com names, then they should only be looking things up in
example.com.

The named.conf you show defines your nameserver as only authoritative for
reverse zones. Based on that evidence, their problem would appear to be
unrelated to your upgrade, since their nameserver(s) shouldn't even be
talking to your nameserver(s) in order to deliver mail to you.

Or, was there important configuration information "cleaned up for
security"?

- Kevin