rndc problems

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu May 17 18:00:27 UTC 2001

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher L Barnard <cbar44 at tsg.cbot.com> writes:

    Christopher> however, when I try to run rndc, I get a permisson
    Christopher> denied.  What did I forget to do?

Hmm. The error message you showed actually said "connection refused",
not "permission denied" . That means there's nothing for rndc to
connect to, presumably because you didn't tell the name server to set
up a socket to listen for control commands from rndc. Try adding a
controls{} statement to named.conf. You'll find details on how to do
this in the Administrator's Reference Manual.