root.hint & localhost.ddb

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed May 16 10:09:42 UTC 2001

>>>>> "mmarquez" == mmarquez  <mmarquez at mmer.inegi.gob.mx> writes:

    mmarquez> the loopback address files so I can understand better
    mmarquez> their sintaxis?

See
	ftp://ftp.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-192.txt

This is a document describing basic DNS set up. Every new DNS
administrator should read it.

    mmarquez> if my DNS is slave for domain.com, then the file
    mmarquez> /var/named/domain.com.slave gets populate by zone
    mmarquez> transfer??  I mean, no need of manual edit on this file?

Yes. When the zone is updated on the master server, the DNS protocol
arranges for the changes to automatically propagate to the slave
servers.