Error - BIND 8.2.3 - no addrs found for root NS

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue May 15 20:15:45 UTC 2001

First of all, the "additional-from-cache" option is only available in
BIND 9, so recommending it to a BIND 8.2.3 user isn't very useful.

Secondly, "yes" is the *default* setting for "additional-from-cache".

Lastly, what makes you think "additional-from-cache" would help the
problem at all, even if it were available and the default was "no"?
"additional-from-cache" only affects the contents of the responses that
the nameserver gives out, whereas the error message indicates that the
nameserver is having trouble resolving A records for the root
nameservers. These would appear to be unrelated to each other.

- Kevin