bind 9.1 migration

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon May 14 22:27:39 UTC 2001

    Hayden> i am going to migrate to bind 9.1 will all of my old files
    Hayden> work ie named.conf, and my forward and reverse zone
    Hayden> files???

It depends. BIND9 is much stricter about zone file errors. Run the
files through named-checkzone and fix any complaints before feeding
them to a BIND9 name server. Likewise use named-checkconf to check
named.conf. There are some differences between BIND8 and BIND9's
config file. SOme defaults have changed. A few old options and
features have been deprecated. The migration notes in doc/misc explain
most of these issues.