Running BIND 8.2.3 in a chrooted environment

Bush, Stephen Stephen.Bush at domainnames.com
Mon May 14 17:57:49 UTC 2001

Thanks for that ... I'm getting a bit further!

Now I've got a problem with collect2 - I've searched through the archives
but can't find the problem.  I'm using gcc-2.95.3 on solaris 5.8.

bash-2.03# make
gcc -g -Wall   -o named db_dump.o db_load.o db_lookup.o db_save.o
db_update.o db_glue.o db_ixfr.o db_sec.o db_tsig.o ns_parser.o ns_lexer.o
ns_parseutil.o ns_ctl.o ns_forw.o ns_init.o ns_main.o ns_maint.o ns_req.o
ns_resp.o ns_stats.o ns_ncache.o ns_xfr.o ns_glue.o ns_udp.o ns_config.o
ns_update.o ns_ixfr.o ns_signal.o ns_sort.o ns_notify.o \
        tmp_version.o ../../lib/libbind.a dl.o -static -lc -lsocket -lnsl
-lmp
_dlopen                             /usr/lib/libc.a(nss_deffinder.o)
_dlclose                            /usr/lib/libc.a(nss_deffinder.o)
_dlsym                              /usr/lib/libc.a(nss_deffinder.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to named
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [named] Error 1

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Stephen