which run level does named need

tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Sat Mar 31 00:29:38 UTC 2001

	Ick, linuxconf.  In my opinion this is an inherently bad
	tool that promotes lack of knowledge of sysadmins.  In
	any case, BIND does not "require" any specific runlevel
	to operate.  You should start it in whatever runlevels
	your box runs in that you would need to query DNS,
	or resolve DNS queries.  In the case of Linux, 3 4 and 5
	should be fine (even though runlevel 4 is "unused")

-Tim