How to clear name cache on sun solaris?

Chip Old fold at bcpl.net
Fri Mar 30 18:32:39 UTC 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Brad Knowles wrote to Chip Old and BIND-Users:

> 	IMO, nscd is one of the most vile creations ever perpetrated
> upon the Internet.

Not that you have strong feelings about it, of course.  <grin>  What are
your specific objections to nscd?  I've heard bits and pieces, but never
anything concrete.  There are probably a lot of Solaris users on list who
would be interested.  My objections to it are (1) the way it sucks up ever
increasing amounts of memory the longer it runs, and (2) the implication
that it slows down DNS lookups (if that's true).

Chip Old (Francis E. Old)               E-Mail:  fold at bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services          Voice:   410-887-6180
Manager, BCPL.NET Internet Services     FAX:     410-887-2091
320 York Road
Towson, Maryland 21204 U.S.A.