lamers question

James A Griffin agriffin at cpcug.org
Fri Mar 30 12:20:10 UTC 2001

Thomas,

Which version of 'lamers' and which version of 'named' are you running?
There are two different version of 'lamers'.  One that includes 'doc'
reports and one that does not.  Neither of the publicly available
versions will work with logs from named 9.+.

There were changes in the format of the [Ll]amer server log message and
in the Answer Section to SOA queries from 'dig'. The 'lamers' scripts
are being modified to deal with this and the problems that the email
addresses in many SOAs turnout to be undeliverable.

I'm am trying to correct some of these problems and clean up the text of
the notification message.
However, I think that there are other issues that need to be delt with
first.

Regards,
Jim