Selective DNS Spoofing

Bob Steele rsteele at 1stlink.net
Mon Mar 26 01:10:37 UTC 2001

I had thought about this but had dismissed it partially based upon reasons of
limited experience with BIND and an uncertainty if the portmaster 3 is capable
of assigning differing sets of name servers based upon the account classes.
If such a capability is present in the portmaster, then such a configuration
would be a good idea.

Jim Reid has suggested that I use the views mechanism to resolve them to the
correct page.  This functionality is not present in the version of BIND that
I'm currently using.  Hence I'm upgrading BIND tonight and will try such.
Should my tests fail, then this would probably be the next course of action.

Out of curiosity, do you know if the PM3 is capable of user classes and
assignment of differing name servers?
Bob Steele