BIND-NT 8.2.2 p5 halting

Gary Wardell gwardell at gwsystems.co.il
Fri Mar 23 06:23:15 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm running BIND BIND 8.2.2 p5 on windows NT and 2000 server.

I lately had been noticing BIND halting/crashing for no apparent reason but I just now caught something.

The two copies of BIND I'm running crashed today just a few seconds apart with the same line as the last line/query with the same IP
address in the log file.  This is the line:

22-Mar-2001 18:23:10.000 queries: info: XX /210.172.111.107/version.bind/TXT/CHAOS

Any thoughts on why this would cause BIND to crash, what could be done about it, a work around?

Regards,

Gary