moving out from register.com

Thomas Duterme thomas at madeforchina.com
Fri Mar 23 15:54:07 UTC 2001

This is a little off topic.  If you contact register.com, they will help you.

Sometime near Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 08:19:55PM +0800, testrose wrote:

>    Currently our domain name hungryforwords.com is hosted by
> register.com. I've set up Primary and Secondary DNS servers here in the
> office, what should be done if we moved from register.com?

I assume that you mean you are still hosting the name at register.com and want to use your own nameservers instead of using the default register.com nameservers.

Login to your 'Account Manager' click on modify DNS for your domain and remove the 2 nameservers that are there  (should be something line dns14.register.com)  Then just add your own nameservers names.

Note, if your nameservers are within the domain hungryforwords.com  ie ns1.hungryforwords.com, you'll get prompted to add the IP address for the nameservers.

-Thomas