Making BIND 8.2.3 man pages work on Solaris 8

Chip Old fold at bcpl.net
Fri Mar 23 02:09:21 UTC 2001

Greg,

I went through the same thing but gave up for lack of time and patience
and never have found time to get back to unraveling it.  If you got the
doc tarball, in /doc/man you'll find a bunch of files with .lst
extensions.  Just ls them or print them.  Or if you use /usr/share/man/cat
(or /usr/local/man/cat or whatever) move them there after changing the
extensions appropriately (mv named.lst8 /usr/share/man/cat8/named.8, for
example).  Cheating perhaps, but...

Chip Old (Francis E. Old)               E-Mail:  fold at bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services          Voice:   410-887-6180
Manager, BCPL.NET Internet Services     FAX:     410-887-2091
320 York Road
Towson, Maryland 21204 U.S.A.