setting up BIND to let a range of ip's be handled reversely by another name server

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Mar 22 21:56:43 UTC 2001

*Getting* control of one or more /24 reverse zones is just a simple
matter of delegation. If your upstream provider knows how to delegate,
and you know how to set up a master zone, it's a no-brainer.

*Giving* control of something less than a /24 is a little trickier. See
RFC 2317, but read it with a grain of salt -- your customer can, with
your consent, put their PTR's in *any* zone they control, including one
of their "forward" zones. It doesn't have to be a subzone of the /24
reverse zone.

- Kevin