BIND and Webmin

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Wed Mar 21 19:28:30 UTC 2001

% > My DNS & Bind book is all about editing conf files and I'm trying to avoid
% > that if possible, especially since this Webmin interface seems so nifty.
% > All suggestions are appreciated, and please remember, I'm a DNS newbie.
%
% My experience, for what it's worth, is that you'd do best to learn (and
% love) vi to edit BIND zone and conf files.
%
% I also tried Webmin to help non-Unix/Linux people to manage BIND 9.1.0
% zone and conf files, but found that it messed up the zone files.
%
% The Cobalt graphical interface for BIND 8, on the other hand, seems O.k.
%
% Tony

	FWTW, vi is one of my favorite things... :) And a well crafted
	zone file is a thing of beauty... Nevertheless,

	I have come to the conclusion that "Real Soon Now" we are
	going to "encase" the DNS in epoxy and rivet a disclaimer
	on the outside:

	"No human serviceable parts inside"

--
--bill