bind for HP-UX 10.20

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Mar 19 16:50:51 UTC 2001

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 03:12:36PM -0000, Turner, David R IT2 (CNE N655D) wrote:
> i need to upgrade my bind to 8.2.3..... my question(since i am slow when it
> come to unix) how can i tell(or what do i need to type) to find out which
> version of bind i am running now

The information given about making a DNS query to your nameserver may or
may not be accurate -- I'd use "ndc status" to get your version number,
and if there's any chance the named binary was compromised, I'd check it
against a known good one from CD or other immutable or off-line media.

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>