forwarding queries to another server (huh?)

Tomas B.Winkler tomasw at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Mar 19 15:39:19 UTC 2001

Hi
I have a similar problem I have an existing domain, let say foo.bar.org
and I would like to span on it a sub-domain let say test.foo.bar.org
It wouldn't be so hard but I need a separated named to be a master dns.
The problem is the computer which runs named has not canonical name in
the test.foo.bar.org domain so the entry is ignored
The db file looks

$TTL    86400
@        IN SOA test.foo.bar.org. tomasw.foo.bar.org. (
                                        42              ; serial
(d. adams)
                                        3H              ; refresh
                                        15M             ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry
                                        1D )            ; minimum

        1D IN NS        mycomp.foo.bar.org.

localhost               1D IN A         127.0.0.1
mycomp.foo.bar.org.     1D IN A         xx.xx.xx.xx
test.foo.bar.org.       1D IN CNAME     mycomp.foo.bar.org.
zzz.test.foo.bar.org.   1D IN CNAME     mycomp.foo.bar.org.

Where did I go wrong ?

Thanks

Tomas Winkler
The System Group