icmp problem

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Mar 14 19:09:45 UTC 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 08:47:30AM -0500, Tom Nichols wrote:
> We turn off almost all UDP services to prevent our systems from responding to UDP
> floods. Works great.

;-)

Well, we keep a couple of PDP-11/45's running UNIX 5th edition in the
basement to prevent elephant stampedes.  This also works great.  We
have had no elephant stampedes in the last 25 years.

;-)

To the point - what makes you think that there would be any UDP floods
if you did enable UDP on your name servers?  Have you tried and had
problems?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B