host resolving to an IP not in the zone

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Fri Mar 9 23:17:50 UTC 2001

         I copied you on this message and the mail bounced:

<josephc at mail.etards.net>
     (reason: system config error)

553 5.3.5 mail.etards.net. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)
554 5.3.5 <josephc at mail.etards.net>... Local configuration error
Reporting-MTA: dns; warehouse.etards.net
Received-From-MTA: DNS; mx04.gis.net
Arrival-Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 23:18:09 -0500 (EST)

         So it's etards.net that's having the problem. Maybe you'll be able to
read this on the newsgroup.

                 Danny
At 11:18 PM 3/8/01, Danny Mayer wrote:

>          I did get an SOA for this domain when I specifically asked for it from two
>different servers: health.healthcommunites.com and dns.etards.net. However
>each one gave me a different answer and the serial numbers disagree.

[snip]